Reservations & Information
Below please find information on reservations and policies for lodging with us on the beautiful island of Martha’s Vineyard.
- Rates based on per night double occupancy.
- Subject to 5.7% state and 6% local occupancy taxes; gratuities at each guest’s discretion.
- Major credit cards and cash accepted.
- Includes complimentary full country breakfast in our two dining rooms or continental breakfast delivered to your room.
- There is no charge for wood for room fireplaces.
- Thorncroft Inn is not an appropriate setting for children or groups of more than 3 couples.
- We do not allow more than two persons in one room.
- 50% deposit required with reservations of four or more nights.
- Full payment in advance required for reservations of one, two or three nights.
- Deposit payable only by major credit card at the time the reservation is made.
- Balance due at check-in. Cash or major credit card only.
- For deposit refund, cancellations must be made at least 30 full days prior to date of arrival.
- If a cancellation is made within 30 days of arrival date, then a deposit refund will be made to the extent the accommodations can be rented again over the entire reserved period.
- Deposit applies to first and last days of reserved period.
- Deposit forfeited for late arrival or early departure, unless accommodations can be rented again.
- A 5% cancellation fee is imposed on all cancelled reservations and is deducted from any refunds due to the prospective guest.
- A 5% fee will apply to any guest charges, which are transferred from one credit card to another or any charge which is refunded to a credit card, at any time after the initial deposit has been charged. This applies even if the credit cards involved are in the same name. Several credit card companies have rescinded their long standing policy of refunding the discount amount for refunds. The discount amount is the cost businesses incur to accept credit cards and this amount is reflected as a percentage of amount charged. Therefore, we lose money on all credit card refunds or credits.
- Check-in time is after 3 p.m. and before 9 p.m. — Special arrangements must be made for arrivals after 9 p.m.
- Our reservation desk is open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Check-out time is 11 a.m.
- Pets cannot be accommodated.
- Ample free parking for guests.
- Bicycle storage available in garage.
- All guest rooms and suites are designed for two persons. Roll-away beds or cots are not available.
- Guests choosing to disregard our non-smoking policy will have their reservations cancelled immediately. The balance of their room rental monies will be forfeited. Further, we will be compensated for lost future revenue by smokers whose smoking renders a room unacceptable for incoming guests.
Storm Cancellation Policy
If the ferry operates, we expect guests to arrive, whether or not they are arriving by plane or ferry. The standard is the operation of the ferry. Cancellation of an individual ferry trip is based on the decision of the captain of the vessel and his Coast Guard license depends on his decision. This normally involves one or two successive sailings. Thus, we can be assured that the ferry is safe if it operates. On occasion, perhaps two to three times per year, the Steamship Authority will cancel ferry service for longer periods during a day as a precautionary measure during severe weather. If that happens, we will give a guest a credit to a future visit because they cannot come to the island for an extended period during a day. Cancellation of one or two sailings would not trigger such a credit. Travel problems in other sections of the country or the world cannot have a bearing on our decision process. We are not in the business of providing vacation insurance. Further, if severe weather prevents us from providing our normal, first quality lodging experience, then we will refund a customer’s funds. These conditions would include loss of electric power for an extended period of time or significant damage to the property. In all situations the decision of management is final.